Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

Manual Start and Preview don't work, and both delay next break

My micro break schedule is 15 seconds every 10 minutes
My hourly break schedule is 1 minute every 30 minutes.

In the sidebar, when I hover over either break schedule, there's a "Start" button.
Two problems when I click the button.
1. The break doesn't start
2. The "next due" interval is increased by the "every" interval (and the menu bar display reflects this)

So when I select the micro schedule, clicking Start increases the next start time by 10 minutes
When I select the hourly schedule, clicking Start increases the next start time by 30 minutes

In the sidebar I select a break schedule selected, and Time Out shows the "Appearance" tab, there's a popup list of themes followed by a "preview" button icon.

When I click the button.
1. The break preview doesn't display
2. The length of my "every" interval is added to the "next break time in" display in the menu bar. (And when I switch back to the Schedule tab, the "next due" interval has increased

I tried the terminal commands referenced in FAQ for permissions.
I've deleted the app and reinstalled.
I've rebooted.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) macOS 10.13.6

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Manual Start and Preview don't work, and both delay next ...

Hi Jesse,

I'm sorry it's misbehaving. Make sure that Time Out is in your Applications folder. And make sure there isn't another copy of the app anywhere else (and empty your Trash).

If that doesn't help, look in the Console to see if there are any errors logged there when you start a break. You could turn on the scheduler and break logging options in the Advanced preferences.